![]() |
| Tim & Peg's tulips from many a spring ago |
Alliums (Onion family.)
Great because the deer and rabbits don't like them!
- Fireworks Mixture Bloom in summer.
- Greaceful Blooms in spring.
Tulips
Since we live in deer central, these will be planted inside the fence!
Daffodils
Deer don't like these either, so I can plant them throughout the yard.
- Fortune Jumbo
- Double Poet's Daffodil
Ruffled doubled bloom in white. I like they that don't have the classic daffodil look. I thought they'd go nice with my pink tulips. - Tete-A-Tete These came free with my order from a coupon I had. Yay!
After I opened up the boxes, I realized that I really didn't know how to plant bulbs. I read the planting depth on the bulb packages... but was that the depth from the top of the bulb or the bottom? I did some googling and found an article from the University of Illinois extension. It turns out that bulb depth is measured from the BOTTOM of the bulb. So if it's a depth of 6", I should dig a 6" deep hole. I also learned the bulbs like phosphorous for root development and it should be added down at root level for the bulb. Check out the article for more tips if you are new to bulb planting as well. After some research, I have a little more confidence that my bulbs might actually come up this spring. =)
...
No comments:
Post a Comment