Monday, August 1, 2011

Baby melons and other great things growing

 Early weekend harvest. Broccoli, Cheddar Cauliflower, and a San Marzano Tomato. I'm pretty sure we also got some zucchini and cucumbers. =)

Remember how I complained that my watermelons just wouldn't grow? Well, after some organic fertilizers they have taken over the bed. This bed is 10 FEET wide. I think 18 feet long. Vines are everywhere!!! They are behind schedule due to their late takeoff, but they are icebox (small) watermelons so they should make it.

 A baby watermelon! He's probably about the size of Ben's fist.

 A tinier melon!
 Another melon. Maybe softball size.
 Remember my bell peppers I couldn't get to grow? After the soil was amended they decided to get a move on it. This is the first pepper. It's not bigger than a quarter I would say.


Bandit laying behind the strip of raspberries. His favorite spot to roll in the grass and keep an eye on things.

Happy gardening!!!

Dawn & Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment