Going through all the seeds, making the 2013 garden plan, I came across an unopened pack of sorrel. I must have bought it for a reason...whatever it was. On the back of the packet, it says "A hardy perennial with a bright, lemony tang for soup, salad, and sauces". Yum! That must be why I bought it. I have terrible acid reflux and I can't be having lemon juice. So, I keep my eye out for alternatives and this must have been one. I'm looking forward to trying it in the garden this year. There is a great article all about this intriguing green from Mother Earth News. The author was even able to use it as a substitute for lemon juice in one of her recipes! I'm definately going to try this out in 2013 and see it is a friendly replacement for lemon in regards to my reflux.
Dawn and Ben, this is great!!! Love your blog! What a great resource this will be (in addition to having you as neighbors!) as we plan our gardens. :)
ReplyDelete~ Stacy
Hi Stacy,
ReplyDeleteBen and I are both so excited for you guys to be starting your own gardens. We're happy to help. Did you notice the tabs at the top of the blog? If you click on the "flowers" tab, I have listed a bunch of deer restistant plants you might want to check into. =)
Looking forward to garden season!!