![]() |
| Newly Planted San Marzano Tomato Seeds! |
After the last few days, I have immense respect for all organic farmers on the PLANET-- Anyone small scale who labors and toils without fancy powered equipment or chemicals.
| Blueberries with no home |
Since Sunday, we've invested hours into a garden that's not even outside yet! I spent forever on the cold cement floor hunched over soil blocks to pot them up into bigger digs. So much time that my back hurt insanely when I stood up straight. Then, yesterday, UPS dropped off 9 blueberry bushes and 50 bare root strawberry plants on a blustery cold day. Even though we knew they were coming, we were still unprepared. What on earth to do with these? Never having gardened before, we didn't know which end was up. I ended up potting all the strawberries last night. What miserable work that was bent over a dirt bucket. I imagine it's a LABOR of love because I know I'll be jumping up and down when those strawberries sprout some leaves!
| Just SOME of the lumber |
As we were recovering from that, the lumber yard dropped off a HUGE load of wood that we will be using to build all of our raised garden beds (and there will be a lot of them). Ben moved all of it into the garage since an ice storm is predicted.
Oh yes, we've added a second shelf of lights but that still isn't enough! AHHH. Not only is it trying to kill us, it's trying to bankrupt us!
Ok, enough complaining, let's look at something fun now!
| Happy Balsam Impatiens planted 3/12 |

No comments:
Post a Comment