Monday, March 28, 2011

YAY YAY, Cheddar is here!

First things first, click here to see a picture of cheddar cauliflower on Flickr.

I ordered some cheddar cauliflower seeds over a month ago and they finally arrived today!! They were being shipped from Canada so I guess it took awhile.... Not may people have heard of cheddar cauliflower, I know I hadn't. It's actually quite expensive to get the seeds and they're hybrids.  The best deal I found was Veseys seeds where I paid $15 something for 100 seeds. Anyhow, besides being a neat-o color, it differs from white in that it has much more Vitamin A (Territorial Seed says it has up to 25 times more beta carotene (converted to vitamin A by your body) than white!) I figure if I'm going to eat cauliflower, I might as well eat the best one for me!

Oh, Territoral Seed actually has a better price that what I paid and they have the history of the cauliflower in the description. Check it out!

Since I have extra seeds I'm willing to share some with family. Tim, I'm sending you some because you need something neat-o in your garden this year =)

p.s. I had to look up the difference between Beta Carotene and Vitamin A, and I found the information here at the American Cancer Society's web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment