Monday, July 18, 2011

Potatoes and Cauliflower!


We pulled about half of our potatoes today. Some were an early season, some were a mid-season, and some just didn't look healthy enough to finish out the season. We don't have a great way to weigh them but we brought in about 7 gallons ranging in size from about as big as my fist to about as small as a pea. We damaged the skin on some of them so we'll be eating those over the next couple weeks.


Dawn's pepperbox seed poppies all bloomed. The flowers were short-lived though so we need to figure out what's going on.


Dawn pulled all of the peas. Our spring crop is done and we'll plant a fall crop in a few weeks.


Our Cortland onions are moving right along.


And, best of all, the cheddar cauliflower Dawn planted is starting to form a head!

3 comments:

  1. It all looks good except for that terrifying onion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That which does not kill you will only make you stronger. =) Onions aren't THAT bad. We won't make you eat any. We will be getting ready for fall crops soon. We're a little behind (big surprise) but we'll be tackling it this week. So planting purple sprouting broccoli, hopefully peas, cabbage, kohlrabi, carrots, spinach, etc. Good thing we have row covers! How is your crop share coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I got cauliflower and broccoli this week which I plan to cook up tomorrow and eat with dinner. I also have Swiss Chard, and collard greens that I'm trying to figure out what to do with, I'll have to consult the recipe book you gave me :-)

    ReplyDelete