Saturday, October 15, 2011

Garden Clean-up


Today we worked on more clean-up of the garden. The wind was blowing really strong so that complicated it a little. I picked all the remaining bell peppers. I left them on the plant as long as I could, hoping they'd turn red but they didn't quite make it. Red ones are my favorite over green. It just takes SO long for them to turn red. =/


Another shot of the peppers.


The wind completely blew over 2 of the 3 poles holding up the bean trellis. So we picked all of those and will be drying them.


Powdery mildew killed off all the squash plants. We managed to get a few teeny pumpkins which I set out in the sun to turn orange.


Here's a peek at the mess!


 And another...


One thing not part of the clean-up is the fall crop of broccoli and cabbage. There are more plants in the other garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment