Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Garlic!!!

We've started planting garlic! There is SOOO much of it after you break it into cloves! I wanted to try several different kinds out so I ended up narrowing it down to these:
  • Russian Red Stiffneck
  • Nordic Hammer
    The description says this is originally from Czechoslovakia. So that is fun since Ben is half Slovakian. Mid season.
  • Belarus
    The description claims it is one of the best tasting baking garlics! Mid season.
  • Music
    Trialed at Michigan State University, so we know it will grow well here. Mid season.
  • Chesnok
    A middle eastern garlic. Late season. Storage: 4-6 months.
  • Spanish Roja
    Mid season.
Click the links to learn more about each ones. I just jotted a few notes here and there, but there is interesting detail on the supplier sites.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for tasty food and bad breath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that there is a garlic called Music!

    ReplyDelete