These are our Red Cipollini onions. They were probably started in February (we start seeds indoors). They are looking pretty good! There are some beet greens behind them.
These are some sweet sunrise bell peppers that are starting to turn. They will be a bright orange when they are done. This is a pepper that is said to do well in the North so I'm looking forward to trying them!
This is one of the winter squashes. It is probably one of my mini butternuts. We don't seem to have powdery mildew even though we've had tons of rain. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we make it to the end of the season and get some squash!!
This is the front of the veggie bed that is closest to the street in the north garden. I filled it with twinny snapdragons and short zinnias.
This is our good old 12 1/2 year old doggie lounging in the sun. He probably thinks he is supervising Ben's work laying down the limestone paths. We are putting the paths around the raised garden beds in the north garden.
The other day, I planted what seemed like a million carrot seeds. I planted circus circus (a mix of white, purple, and orange) and sunshine mix (a mix of yellow and orange) carrots. Carrots take a long time to germinate...three weeks I think, so we have covered them with straw to keep the seeds from drying out in the July sun. The carrots should mature around frost time. The frost will make the carrots sweeter.
This is one of the zinnias in one of the many flower areas. I think it is from the art deco mix.
This is one of my zowie yellow flame zinnias. It hasn't developed the yellow on the petals yet. This variety is an AAS winner.








No comments:
Post a Comment