I know I haven't posted in a while, but I have been taking photos!!
These are two of the three plums on the plum tree we planted this year. This photo is probably from a month ago.
Another photo from a while ago is the butter lettuce! It didn't seem to have any pest problems. yay! I pulled out the butter lettuce yesterday as it was rotting. It was past it's prime. I think we planted too much for us, plus I made the mistake of planting it all at the same time.
This was an amazing lunch Ben made with a mesclun mix. I am in love with fresh garden lettuce. We never really did a good job with lettuce in the past. This year I planted succession and we actually picked and ate it. I can't wait to plant fall lettuces! We still have a bit of lettuce left in the garden but it's getting hotter and hotter so I'm sure we will be losing it soon. :( I did plant beet greens already to help fill the void but they are still quite small.
This is a photo I took yesterday. We are going to use crushed limestone for the paths around the garden beds. Ben has been grading the paths to get it ready.
Our 8 yards of limestone for paths!
Here is the path that Ben has started. It leads to our smallest garden which is the one I showed you above.
One of the coneflowers in the garden.
This is Tennessee coneflower. It is one of my favorites because it is different than most coneflowers. It's petals point upwards. It was also endangered until recently (at least I think it has been removed from the list).








No comments:
Post a Comment