Today we got our first delivery of garden dirt! Twelve cubic yards to be exact! Now we just have to finish up the raised beds so we can move it. The weather has been kind of icky (as you can see) and we haven't been able to do much outside the last few days. A little behind schedule, but we should catch up soon. Today I'll be removing sod on the other side of the house.
In other excitement, when I was checking on the plants in the basement, I saw that this strawberry plant had a flower. I insisted Ben come immediately to see. Pretty exciting for first time gardeners. The sad part is that we have to pick all the flowers off this year. =( No berries till next year. The strawberries came to us as bare root plants with no leaves, so they've really grown beautifully!
No comments:
Post a Comment