We're putting 4x4x8 posts on the corners of each of the three beds. The beds will be 16'x8'.
I picked the highest point as my true-up corner and dropped a post there. (I only have one brace on in the picture because the concrete had already set). You know the old saying... measure 28 times, cut once. I probably spent too much time ensuring that the post was parallel to the sidewalk and perfectly vertical. We then dug a second hole 16' away and positioned that post so that it was parallel to the sidewalk, perfectly vertical, and exactly 193" (turns out our 16' board is an inch long) from corner to corner.
Here's the shot of both posts in place. After placing those, plus several hours of moving rocks (oh yeah, the perfect place for our garden just happens to be on a hill that's rocks on top of rocks on top of rocks), we decided that was enough progress for one afternoon. I'll attach the 2x10 tomorrow and start the sides for the first bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment