Friday, March 23, 2012

Hot Hot Spring


The weather has been unseasonably warm - record setting I believe. It has even been in the 80's.  However, the spring plants are still doing well though they are probably really confused.  The daffodils I planted in the fall have come up. I must say, the very first time you plant bulbs and they come up, it is extra exciting. The tulips haven't bloomed yet but are working on it.


All of the garlic we planted has started to come up.

 The sprouting broccoli we planted in late summer survived the winter under covers and are now sprouting!!! March broccoli, what a treat!

I think this is purple peacock sprouting broccoli.

Even the cheddar cauliflower lived through the winter and is starting to make a head.

Well, that's what's happening outside for now. There is also cabbage coming along in the other garden as well as the spinach. All of which was planted late last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment