Friday, September 9, 2011

First Eggplant Dish!

I saw an episode of the Victory Garden on PBS where they made eggplant lasagna and I wanted to try it. I've never really had an eggplant dish before and it's kind of a new vegetable for us. I planted two plants in the garden and they produced 3 whole eggplants! Probably not the best yield, but it's better than none.

Ben picked two of the eggplant and sliced it up. Then he grilled it with olive oil, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.


Below he is in the process of layering the lasagna. This is the start of the second layer. He added fresh-from-the-garden basil to the sauce and a little garlic.


After it is all put together, it only takes about 15 minutes to bake in the oven!
..

3 comments:

  1. It was good. I haven't quite warmed up to eggplant yet, but our neighbors loved it and Ben liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good, hopefully it'll grow on you

    ReplyDelete