Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Making room for herbs
We had noticed that after it rains, water would be puddled atop the dirt in the herb garden. So, we've started digging out the dirt to replace it with some of that nice black dirt. We still plant to amend the "bottom" dirt with sand before adding the black dirt though. In the process of digging the lower tier, I dug up a cable. I think it is cable tv and internet cable. Apparently there are some cables they don't flag when they mark your yard. Ben said lines to the house aren't flagged. How weird is that. As long as that isn't the policy on ELECTRIC lines.... TV and internet still work, so I guess we're ok. As soon as we get that done, we have some parsley plants started that are ready to go into the herb garden!
In other garden news, the tomatoes got newer bigger pots. This is a San Marzano sauce tomato. Those Balsam Impatiens I've showed you a few times also got bigger pots. I haven't got them all transplanted up yet, but I noticed the ones that have been had a growth spurt. Pot size does seem to make a big difference on growth rate. Have to have room to expand!
Labels:
Preparing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You two are making a lot of progress, I can't wait to see everything you've done at the end of the month!
ReplyDeleteYeah, hopefully we'll have even more done by then! Either way, bring a shovel! =) =)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete